Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Double-Knitting Adventures - The Blue Bunny Lovey

Ok, I admit it. I love patterns with short-rows. The way they shape knitting into curves just seems miraculous to me. And it's no surprise that I'm crazy for double-knitting...

...so today I was looking for a lovey pattern to knit for a baby shower, and what did I find?

A bunny lovey with short-row ears and a double-knitted face! Oh, my!

The Bunny Blanket Buddy is a free pattern from Lion Brand yarns (here is the Ravelry pattern page). I knitted one in an afternoon and called it Blue Bunny Lovey.

It's garter-stitch squishy, with floppy ears, and arms with little knots for paws. The face is in reverse-stockinette, created with slip-stitch double-knitting (also called tubular knitting).

I still need to embroider on the eyes, nose, and mouth - a nice safety feature for a baby's toy.

Many thanks to the Lion Brand Design Team for a great pattern with just enough challenge to make it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment