Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Double-Knitting Adventures: New Skills

It's time to add some new skills to the double-knitting toolbox!

Double-knitting in-the-round will be useful for hats, cowls, socks, and mittens. Decreasing (and increasing in double-knitting will let me make shaped garments.

My Ravelry Dishcloth Sistas group moderator gifted a pattern as a prize for our December Challenge, and I chose Lindsay Marie's Reversible Snowflake Hat.

It's been a fun pattern so far, and easy to understand. Here is my work-in-progress:

I am finding double-knitting in-the-round to be actually easier than flat double-knitting because I only need one chart. Usually I have to make a second chart for the back because I get confused when knitting the back side while reading the front-side chart.

Updates to follow!

Update 2/15/2020 - I'm late to post this update - I actually finished the hat on 1/13/2020, and I've cast on for another Lindsay Marie double-knit hat in fingering-weight yarn!

Here are some pics from the finished hat:





No comments:

Post a Comment